Both Gunnison County Libraries are open to the public. Current hours are Monday-Friday, 9-6PM, Saturday 10-4PM, and Sunday 1-5PM.

Archive Search Results


Showing 1 - 20 of 94 , query time: 0.02s
Thumbnail for 'Nogal-Ping Hotel linoleum'
Format:
Image
Taken August 2, 2011, patent mark on the back of the linoleum from the hotel. Deconstruction of the Nogal-Ping hotel and cabins in Eagle by Claude DeGraw began in 2010. Nogal's Hotel, built in 1892, was later purchased by the O. A. Ping family in 1923. It was occupied by siblings Leonard and Garnet Ping most recently. Leonard died in 1988 and Garnet moved to Gypsum in the late 1990s, passing away in 2003. It stands at the corner of Hwy 24 and...
Thumbnail for 'Nogal-Ping Hotel linoleum'
Format:
Image
Taken August 2, 2011, linoleum from the hotel. Deconstruction of the Nogal-Ping hotel and cabins in Eagle by Claude DeGraw began in 2010. Nogal's Hotel, built in 1892, was later purchased by the O. A. Ping family in 1923. It was occupied by siblings Leonard and Garnet Ping most recently. Leonard died in 1988 and Garnet moved to Gypsum in the late 1990s, passing away in 2003. It stands at the corner of Hwy 24 and Capitol Streets and was the town's...
Thumbnail for 'Nogal-Ping Hotel linoleum and newspaper debris'
Format:
Image
Taken August 2, 2011, newspaper and linoleum debris from the hotel. Deconstruction of the Nogal-Ping hotel and cabins in Eagle by Claude DeGraw began in 2010. Nogal's Hotel, built in 1892, was later purchased by the O. A. Ping family in 1923. It was occupied by siblings Leonard and Garnet Ping most recently. Leonard died in 1988 and Garnet moved to Gypsum in the late 1990s, passing away in 2003. It stands at the corner of Hwy 24 and Capitol Streets...
Thumbnail for 'Nogal-Ping Hotel linoleum'
Format:
Image
Taken August 2, 2011, linoleum from the hotel. Deconstruction of the Nogal-Ping hotel and cabins in Eagle by Claude DeGraw began in 2010. Nogal's Hotel, built in 1892, was later purchased by the O. A. Ping family in 1923. It was occupied by siblings Leonard and Garnet Ping most recently. Leonard died in 1988 and Garnet moved to Gypsum in the late 1990s, passing away in 2003. It stands at the corner of Hwy 24 and Capitol Streets and was the town's...
Thumbnail for 'McCoy Hotel 1944'
Format:
Image
"After 1920 the various hotel proprietors made minor and major improvements and remodeling, including types of fence construction." -- McCoy Memoirs, p. 97 [Title supplied from catalog prepared by the Eagle County Historical Society.]
Thumbnail for 'Lucksinger's Boarding House'
Format:
Image
Lucksinger's boarding house on 2d Street in Basalt.
Thumbnail for 'Nogal-Ping Hotel, newspaper featuring the Washington Nationals'
Format:
Image
Taken August 2, 2011, newspaper found in the hotel, featuring the Washington Nationals [1924]. Deconstruction of the Nogal-Ping hotel and cabins in Eagle by Claude DeGraw began in 2010. Nogal's Hotel, built in 1892, was later purchased by the O. A. Ping family in 1923. It was occupied by siblings Leonard and Garnet Ping most recently. Leonard died in 1988 and Garnet moved to Gypsum in the late 1990s, passing away in 2003. It stands at the corner...
Thumbnail for 'McCoy Hotel'
Format:
Image
Changes in fencing at the McCoy Hotel. [Title supplied from catalog prepared by the Eagle County Historical Society.]
Thumbnail for 'McCoy Hotel'
Format:
Image
"A look at the McCoy Hotel from the west bank of Rock Creek in 1916. If the bridge was only able to talk, think of the many interesting stories it could tell about the many travelers that passed over it between Wolcott and Routt County. Flood waters took it out twice, in 1952 when the King Mountain Reservoir dam gave way and again when high water took it out in 1962. After that it was never replaced." -- McCoy Memoirs, p.95. [Title supplied from...
Thumbnail for 'Nogal-Ping Hotel, looking south'
Format:
Image
Taken August 2, 2011, looking through the hotel toward the south. Deconstruction of the Nogal-Ping hotel and cabins in Eagle by Claude DeGraw began in 2010. Nogal's Hotel, built in 1892, was later purchased by the O. A. Ping family in 1923. It was occupied by siblings Leonard and Garnet Ping most recently. Leonard died in 1988 and Garnet moved to Gypsum in the late 1990s, passing away in 2003. It stands at the corner of Hwy 24 and Capitol Streets...
Thumbnail for 'Gypsum Hotel, Gypsum, Colorado'
Format:
Image
1930: Front view of the Gypsum Hotel, including an automobile and bicycle (on boardwalk). It is a two story structure with siding. It was built in 1900 by "Banty" Skiff and his wife, you had a dry goods store in part of it. [Title supplied from catalog prepared by the Eagle County Historical Society.]
Thumbnail for 'Boarding house in Gilman'
Format:
Image
Boarding house in Gilman, Colorado, after heavy snow.
Thumbnail for 'Nogal-Ping Hotel, Claude DeGraw cleaning up'
Format:
Image
Taken August 2, 2011, Claude DeGraw cleaning up the lot. Deconstruction of the Nogal-Ping hotel and cabins in Eagle by Claude DeGraw began in 2010. Nogal's Hotel, built in 1892, was later purchased by the O. A. Ping family in 1923. It was occupied by siblings Leonard and Garnet Ping most recently. Leonard died in 1988 and Garnet moved to Gypsum in the late 1990s, passing away in 2003. It stands at the corner of Hwy 24 and Capitol Streets and was...
Thumbnail for 'Nogal-Ping Hotel, first story and stairwell'
Format:
Image
Taken August 2, 2011, first story of the hotel with stairway. Deconstruction of the Nogal-Ping hotel and cabins in Eagle by Claude DeGraw began in 2010. Nogal's Hotel, built in 1892, was later purchased by the O. A. Ping family in 1923. It was occupied by siblings Leonard and Garnet Ping most recently. Leonard died in 1988 and Garnet moved to Gypsum in the late 1990s, passing away in 2003. It stands at the corner of Hwy 24 and Capitol Streets...
Thumbnail for 'State Bridge from Highway 131'
Format:
Image
Old State Bridge structure in July of 1983, taken from State Highway 131 (south of the bridge). The southern half of the bridge collapsed soon after this photo was taken. The State Bridge Lodge is in the background.
Thumbnail for 'Hauling logs at Rock Creek'
Format:
Image
Hauling logs on a sled using a two-horse team. "James P. Gates was a very good carpenter, and decided to build a stage coarch inn on their new land, which as a stop on the stage line between Kremmling and Steamboat Springs, Colorado. So the cutting and hauling of logs began. J.P. knew hoe to use a broad axe to shape the logs he used for building so that they fit together evenly and firmly." -- The Gates Genealogy
Thumbnail for 'Nogal-Ping Hotel, wallpaper and curtain'
Format:
Image
Taken August 2, 2011, wall paper and curtain in the hotel. Deconstruction of the Nogal-Ping hotel and cabins in Eagle by Claude DeGraw began in 2010. Nogal's Hotel, built in 1892, was later purchased by the O. A. Ping family in 1923. It was occupied by siblings Leonard and Garnet Ping most recently. Leonard died in 1988 and Garnet moved to Gypsum in the late 1990s, passing away in 2003. It stands at the corner of Hwy 24 and Capitol Streets and...
Thumbnail for 'Black Mountain Ranch'
Format:
Image
"The Black Mountain Lodge and two of the four guest cabins. Bud Kier did most of the carpenter work on the buildings and during that time, he and his wife Loi lived on the ranch." -- McCoy Memoirs, p.250 [Title supplied from catalog prepared by the Eagle County Historical Society.]
Thumbnail for 'Nogal-Ping Hotel and cabins'
Format:
Image
Beginning of the deconstruction of the Nogal-Ping hotel and cabins in Eagle by Claude DeGraw. Nogal's Hotel, built in 1892, was later purchased by the O. A. Ping family in 1923. It was occupied by siblings Leonard and Garnet Ping most recently. Leonard died in 1988 and Garnet moved to Gypsum in the late 1990s, passing away in 2003. It stands at the corner of Hwy 24 and Capitol Streets and was the town's first permanent hotel, boasting 13 rooms...
Thumbnail for 'Nogal-Ping Hotel, Claude DeGraw and Hwy 6'
Format:
Image
Taken August 2, 2011, Claude DeGraw with Hwy 6 in the background. Deconstruction of the Nogal-Ping hotel and cabins in Eagle by Claude DeGraw began in 2010. Nogal's Hotel, built in 1892, was later purchased by the O. A. Ping family in 1923. It was occupied by siblings Leonard and Garnet Ping most recently. Leonard died in 1988 and Garnet moved to Gypsum in the late 1990s, passing away in 2003. It stands at the corner of Hwy 24 and Capitol Streets...